Tuesday 31 July 2012

PRAYERS, CHALLENGES AND CONSOLATION FROM PSALM 40


PRAYERS, CHALLENGES AND CONSOLATION FROM PSALM 40


In my family devotion this morning, we read from Philippians 2. In my personal devotion, Psalm 40 was my text and my prayers for myself and for you are (a.) that those of us seeking God would always have reasons to rejoice and be glad in Him, may His testimony always full our mouths (vs. 16) (b) May those who seek our souls be confounded (vs14) (c) May the Lord’s loving kindness and truth continually preserve us (vs.11) (d) May the Lord be pleased to deliver and to help us (vs13).



The Challenge is three fold

1. (vs. 1) I waited patiently. -You and I have to wait patiently for and on Him.

2. (vs. 8) I delight to do thy will, O my God. – Doing His will should be done joyfully but not necessarily as a duty or burden.

3. (vs. 10) I have declared thy faithfulness, righteousness, salvation, loving kindness and thy truth. – Some of us are even ashamed of Him and His Word.



The Consolation

(vs. 17) Though you and I may be poor and needy; yet the Lord is thinking about us. He will do us good. Amen.

Be blessed and remain blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment