Thursday 27 June 2013

DON MOEN AND STORMS


The very popular Gospel artiste and the President of Integrity Music was the Guest at Redemption Television Ministry of the Redeemed Christian Church of God last week (Thursday 20th June 2013). He spoke on a lot of issues. Now, we know that his full name is DONALD JAMES MOEN. He grew up in the Northern parts of the United States of America.  He spoke also about his two executive assistants. This to me is a great demonstration of faith. While many people who could hire Executive assistant would not do so for many fears, he hired two, believing God to be his own Supply and that God would make provision for the Salary of those two and you know God always backed us up when we undertake what He instructed.
Don Moen favourite passage is Psalm 107: 22. Ps 107:22 ‘And let them sacrifice the sacrifices of thanksgiving, and declare his works with rejoicing’. He said that he encountered a lot of storms in 2007, but ‘God helped me’. This is similar to what Kirk Franklin also said when he came to Lagos, he spoke about his troubles as well. If you have storms or troubles, I think that it is common to holy people. Don Moen is known to be a good student of the Scripture, quoting the Scripture profusely, he challenged us to be more committed to the Word of God.

Don Moen also has advice for those of us who are launching out in the ministry, he said, ‘first, it was scary, but you have to launch out’.  ‘For me, first it was scary I thought then that I hoped I heard the Lord right.’ My greatest joy is to feel God put His hand on my shoulder and say “son, you are doing what I want you to do”.  Like Don Moen may God smile on you and I with his approval.  Shalom.


    

No comments:

Post a Comment