Thursday 26 January 2012

BIBLE STUDY OUTLINE - STRIVING FOR GOD'S ATTESTATION


BIBLE STUDY

TOPIC: STRIVING FOR GOD’S ATTESTATION

TEXT: Luke 3: 21-22



“Now when all the people were baptized, it came to pass, that Jesus also being baptized, and praying, the heaven was opened, 22 And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.” KJV 



INTRODUCTION – Sometimes, we have doubts about many things, (what we eat 1 Cor. 10: 25, about our sins 1 John 3: 20). These doubts sometimes are good, we need to address them. Each of us must get God’s attestation on himself/herself. It is only when Heaven has attested to us that whatever we offer can be accepted. The offering of Abel and that of Cain was mentioned in conjunction with their persons (Gen. 4: 4b, 5a) If God would put His attestation on any man, it is more than the entire universe. If we consider the people that God attested to in the Scripture then our hearts may be helped that we too can be attested to. In the Old Testament, Daniel was a man greatly beloved (Dan. 10: 19), Enoch walked with God, God was so pleased with him to the extent that He had to take him. Elijah triumphantly went to heaven in the Chariot of fire. In the New Testament John was the beloved, and in this our text Jesus is God’s BELOVED SON in whom God is WELL PLEASED. Oh how I wish God would bear such testimony about me. This study shall be divided into three parts. Part A- Jesus as our example on Attestation, Part B – How can we be His beloved? Part C- Benefits of being His beloved.



(A)   JESUS AS OUR EXAMPLE ON ATTESTATION

God did not only declare Him to be a son but beloved Son. Furthermore, He says in Jesus He is well pleased. Some things came to my mind as He was addressed as His beloved Son.

i.                     He perfectly represented His Father.

ii.                   He perfectly presented His Father.

iii.                  He perfectly obeyed His Father

iv.                 He was dutiful

v.                   He was humble

vi.                 He was wise

vii.                He was holy

viii.              He loves righteousness

ix.                

x.                  

xi.                

xii.               

xiii.             

xiv.             

xv.              

xvi.             

xvii.            ..



(B)   HOW CAN WE BE HIS BELOVED?

None of us can be His beloved except we first pleased Him. We should strive to please Him well. Let us also take note that many people particularly those that journeyed from Egypt to Canaan God was not well pleased with them (1 Cor. 10: 4).  We must therefore not lose sight of what God say pleased Him. It is important to study to show ourselves approved unto God. (2 Tim. 2: 15) We shall examine few of them.

i.                     Presentations of our bodies. (Romans 12: 1)…

ii.                   Our walk (Col. 1: 10)…

iii.                  Obedience (Eph. 6: 1)…

iv.                 Jesus as our example on Attestation

v.                   Isa 42:21 (The LORD is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honourable)…

vi.                 Isaiah 42: 1-4…

vii.                Heb. 13: 16 Jesus as our example on Attestation

viii.              Isa 42:21

ix.                 The LORD is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honourable

x.                   Heb 13:16 (But to do good and to communicate forget not: for with such sacrifices God is well pleased).

xi.                 John 8: 29…

xii.               

xiii.             

xiv.             

xv.              

xvi.             

xvii.            ..



(C)   BENEFITS OF BEING HIS BELOVED

i.                     Prov. 16: 7. Our enemies will be at peace with us

ii.                   Psalm 37: 37. Our enemies shall be at peace with us

iii.                  John 8: 29. God’s continuous abiding presence. 

iv.                 Isaiah 42: 6.





HYMN FOR MEDITATION



BH 436

 SATISFIED WITH JESUS



1.             I am satisfied with Jesus,

He has done so much for me:

He has suffered to redeem me,

He has died to set me free.



Chorus:

I am satisfied, I am satisfied,

I am satisfied with Jesus,

But the question comes to me,

As I think of Calvary,

Is my Master satisfied with me?



2.             He is with me in my trials,

Best of friends of all is He;

I can always count on Jesus,

Can He always count on me?

Chorus:



3.             I can hear the voice of Jesus,

Calling out so pleadingly,

"Go and win the lost and straying"

Is He satisfied with me?



Chorus:



4.             When my work on earth is ended

And I cross the mystic sea,

Oh, that I could hear Him saying,

"I am satisfied with thee."



Chorus:

No comments:

Post a Comment